BARZAN ONSHORE PROJECT
The Barzan Onshore Project believes that offices are not exempt from the need to identify and cope with any associated hazards that may potentially cause accidents or injuries seen in construction sites. This helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page, working towards its commitment to "Zero Incidents".
BARZAN SHE&S Management implements a robust Office Safety program that includes the implementation of awateness campaigns:
Awareness Campaigns: Office Safety Awareness aims to remind all office employees to ensure Safety in their workplaces.
Office Safety Inspection: The office inspection aims to improve good housekeeping that includes ergonomic assessment, etc...
Identifying Do's and Don't's: Barzan SHE&S Management also list the "Do's and Don't's" when hazards and risks are found in an Office Environment.
|Electrical||If you discover a fire…..||Trips , Slips & Falls||Pantry Hazards|
- Don’t overload sockets
- Keep flammable materials away from electricity
- Never work on electrical equipment if you’re not trained
- Always report electrical faults to the Maintenance facility group
- Stay calm, alert others
- Call JGC Duty Manager
- If fire is small, Use fire extinguisher
- Proceed to nearest Muster point
- Look out for damaged carpets and flooring
- Where flooring is wet, put up warning signs
- Don’t stand on unstable objects
- Never store heavy items on top of cupboards these items could fall and cause injury
- Never leave drawers/doors open and unattended
- Never stand on a chair or other unsafe items to retrieve boxes from high shelves, always use a stepladder
- Check periodically all hot water taps for leaks and damage to avoid scalds and burns
- Replace damaged taps
- Place warning signs for all hot surfaces
- Check all crockery for damage daily prior to use. Remove and replace broken or chipped drinking glasses, cups and plates
- Use appropriate gloves for washing/cleaning dishes etc
- Ensure Fire blankets and Fire extinguishers are provided